I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me !... Phil 4:13

Friday 22 November 2013

Azia                                                                                                                               Ms.Babb
Thursday, November 13th 2013
Just A Place in Orangeville
            I've been waiting for a year for this whole opportunity, and this was the day I've been waiting for. As the countdown begins, I dream about gossip moments with my best friends, and wonder what activities and games the teachers and counselors have plan for our stay there.   Four weeks to go...I am excited and anticipating on having a blast at Teen Ranch.  As I start to pack my pajamas, jogging pants, t-shirts and planned outfits of the day into my suitcase, I am excited to know that I have a week off without my parents and siblings...The time has come, this exact moment that I have been waiting!
            If I was to change anything about my cabin it would be absolutely nothing. Nothing, because the seven girls taught me over this week that I can be comfortable with them.  As Dakari slowly opened the door knob into our cabin, the very first thing that I saw was that tremendous room with "first-class" bunks.  We started jumping up and down for joy, screaming and realizing that were finally at Teen Ranch. The girls and I kept hugging each other, thrilled  with all the activities planned for us.  I looked at my cabin friends and saw we all have different personalities; Asia-Marie is the talkative one, shocking isn't it? But she taught me that you don't need to be shy around her. Dakari, Jhazel, Dianne, Praveena, and Prestine can talk for hours! Except I know if you need to talk, any one of them will be around and Makayla is the slightly quiet, but reliable.
            Horseback riding, check!  Cross that one off my bucket list.  It is one of the activities at Teen Ranch.  This is the first time that I have ever been close to the animal and the experience was extraordinary.  Sammy is three years old and is the youngest of them all.  He was also the tiniest horse but yet swift like no other.   He had hair the colour of chestnut and so soft, like a baby's bum.  Riding Sammy made my bum a little sore but the feeling was spectacular.  I was enjoying the trail ride until our little mishap.  By accident, Sammy went out of the trail and into the hills, and here I was sitting on the horse, my heart beating out of control...like Sammy.  As he went up into the hills, the tree branches was scratching my face and I looked down and saw that my group was getting smaller and we were getting farther away from them.  I didn't know what to do, and if help was on the way.  I did the only thing I could think of, I jumped off, held onto Sammy's rein and he stopped.  Thank God!
            Guess what!  That experience with Sammy made me hungry just a little.  Luckily it  was dinner time and I could eat a horse.  Why does delicious food plus entertaining company equal an interesting meal?  Well, coming to think about it, the interesting part is sitting with different people at each meal.  During dinnertime, I had many conversations with the other grade sevens, ones that I don't typically talk to at school.  I have realized that I had made new friends with people that I have known for eight years.   The best part of eating was the desserts.  What do they put in their brownies? It must be cannabis or drugs because I'm addicted to the them.
            My overall experience of Teen Ranch was definitely enjoyable! I'm so happy to be a part of the event.  When we returned from Teen Ranch, I learned that respecting your best friends is the best gift you can give. After falling off the horse it made me more prepared for the unexpected, were not perfect.  In the dining room, sitting with many other grade sevens made me realized building relationships with the other grade sevens is important as keeping friendships.

10 comments:

  1. Azia,
    Out of all the essay's I've read so far, yours is by far the best. I have 3 major highlights from your essay. The first one is when you said that the brownies are your drugs. Can you say funny! My second favorite part is when you said that Asia-Marie is the talkative one in the room. Which is actually true because she always used to start the most weirdest conversations ever. Well I've talked about every thing excepted my favorite part of you essay. My top highlight about your essay is when you said thank you to God when Sammy stopped going wild.
    Well that's all I can say about your amazing essay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This essay explains every feeling I felt, from walking into the cabins to the overall experience. This essay just makes me want to go back and be there again.
    BY:Dakari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Azia,
    Your essay was so amazing I think it should be in the newsletter! That's how awesome it was. I have 2 major highlights from your essay. The first one is so funny, it's about when you said that the brownies were your drugs. Can you say funny! And my final highlight is when you talked about our cabin. When you were taking about the cabin you said that Asia-Marie was the talkative on in the group, and can I say that you were dead on. Long story short, your essay was an amazing on.

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice essay. I liked the detail you described the events in. Sammy was the best! Sammy > everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Your essay was great and I liked your grammar and punctuation. Your essay was not boring and it kept me reading and not being board. Good jog it was very fun and I love the parts about me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Azia,
    You had a lot of details. I love how you included every detail. I like how you said friendship is very important. I really like your essay. I know, the brownies were really good. I like how you described horseback riding. I like your details.
    -Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed your essay! I especially liked how you used a huge amount of detail! For example, you wrote "Sammy is three years old and is the youngest of them all. He was also the tiniest horse but yet swift like no other. He had hair the colour of chestnut and so soft, like a baby's bum." I really liked how you described every statement you made clearly and with good description. I also liked how you used some of the writing traits (Hyperbole, simile, etc.). For example, you used a hyperbole when you said "Luckily it was dinner time and I could eat a horse." Overall, I really enjoyed your essay and I didn't want to stop reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Azia,

    This is a great essay. It has lots of details and it's very descriptive, which is what makes it great. You're usually very quiet, so I expected your writing to be a bit like that, but it's better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Azia,

    This is a great essay. It has lots of details and it's very descriptive, which is what makes it great. You're usually very quiet, so I expected your writing to be a bit like that, but it's better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Azia,

    This is a great essay. It has lots of details and it's very descriptive, which is what makes it great. You're usually very quiet, so I expected your writing to be a bit like that, but it's better.

    ReplyDelete