I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me !... Phil 4:13

Friday 22 November 2013

teen ranch essay

Daniela                         Wednesday, November 13th, 2013

Ms.Babb




Teen Ranch Camp
Have you ever been to Teen Ranch? I DID! We drove to Teen Ranch which is in Orangeville. Teen Ranch is an amazing camp, when you eat at Teen Ranch; you set and clean the dining room. I would say Teen Ranch is a camp to make you more mature and responsible. When I went to Teen Ranch 2013, the most fun and coolest things we did were horseback riding, skating, and cabins and activities.                       
         Have you ever ridden a horse? Agatha asked us if we ever did and quite a few of us did. Riding a horse isn't that difficult but, you have to control your horse. If you treat your horse friendly you'd get a fantastic ride. I had a lovely horse named Jenny. Jenny loves when you pet her and are friendly to her then, she'll give you a ride you will love. The horses follow the leader, if one horse rides down one trail, the horse behind that horse follows and so on. The first trail is located in the forest. The forest of course is filled with trees and bushes. The leaves and branches get in your face so you can't control the horse properly. The second horse trail was in a meadow and we followed the leader. Jenny my horse, was eating twigs from bushes so I had to really pull her back to the trail, and behind the other horses. The horses den is big enough for all the horses. The horses can do their business where ever they want, so there's business everywhere. The horses are tied with a leash to the fence and the staff brushes their tail, hair, and puts the saddle and stirrup on. The horses jogged for a little bit and the jog was really fun. You were literally off your saddle and standing. When you are on your horse and your horse sneezes, you get scared, and the horse might scare you but nothing will really happen. The horses eat a lot, but if you're on your horse, and she or he eats, pull your right or left reign (depending where the trial faces) and face your horses head towards the other horses or trail. Horseback riding was really fun.        
             I suck at skating. At Teen Ranch, we skated for an hour for three days. On the first day, I was holding on to the wall. Maybe because I asked a grade 7 student to tie my skates, so of course the skates were loose and I was falling every five seconds. On day two, my skates were not loose but, I was really bad at skating and the rink was slippery from the Zamboni. A lot of students were really friendly. They skated backwards while I was holding there hands. Rememeber when  I kept falling? Well those friendly students helped me up. My skates got loose after a while, but it was already time to get ready and head out. On the third day of skating I was a little scared. I haven't been really falling on the second day of skating. I kept close to the wall and my friends but, the people who stayed close to the wall actually stayed in one place so, I had to move around them without holding the wall, holding on to nothing. I got way better at skating. Getting skates on is pretty hard but, if you just relax and put them on, you will get them on properly. You have to tighten skates ALWAYS, the skates will come loose, make your feet hurt, and you will most likely fall if you don't tighten your skates. Going to the skating rink is a little long but, by the time you reach there you'll be to excited you made it. Going to the skating rink is a good time to start a conversation with a friend. Once you have finished skating, you have to go back to our Teen Ranch diner and cabin area. Going back is as far as coming but since you have been skating your feet hurt. Skating at Teen Ranch was really fun.                                                                                                                            When I went to Teen Ranch, I was in the Baylis cabin. My cabin students were Ginelle, Mina, Suzanne, Jordan, Alyssa, Rhea, Joanne, and Carly but she didn't come. My cabin students were all my good friends! We had it all organized with a shower schedule and we brought flashlights, alarm clocks, phones, and cameras. Our nights were fun. We watched the hunger games at movie night, we had board game night and I played monopoly, twister and a game Suzanne's mom made. We had bonfire night and some people roasted hotdogs and marsh mellows, some people roasted hotdogs only and some people roasted marsh mellows only. We rock climbed in Teen Ranch, rock climbing was really fun but scary and hard. I got really nervous when I reached at the top of the wall and I lost my balance because I was scared so my legs came off the wall and quickly back on the wall. We made T-shirts. My T-shirt is filled with words, I drew a picture of Jenny. It was a pretty good picture for a drawn horse made from fabric paint. My horse was supposed to have a picture of a horse in the middle but, I didn't underline the horse that good and I just decided to draw my own horse. We played a game called map orienteering and we use a map of Teen Ranch and a compass to find letters and notes of horses breeds and we had to mark wherever we found it on

4 comments:

  1. Good job Daniela. Especially with the skatting paragraph! That was really good. All the details were very good. It had a strong first paragraph to attract people. -Julian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniela
    I actually really like your essay. I like how you explained everything, especially the horseback riding part. I noticed that you didn't have a conclusion but its alright because your essay is really good. I like it a lot.
    Jhazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Your essay was good because you had really interesting paragraph so I was never dull your horse facts were good because if I was reading your paragraph and I didn't go to teen ranch I would use your tips and try to get your horse. Good job because your essay was wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Your essay was good because you had really interesting paragraph so I was never dull your horse facts were good because if I was reading your paragraph and I didn't go to teen ranch I would use your tips and try to get your horse. Good job because your essay was wonderful

    ReplyDelete