I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me !... Phil 4:13

Friday 22 November 2013

Roystons Teen Ranch Essay

    Name: Royston                                                          Date; Wednesday, November 13th 2013
    Teacher: Ms. Babb                                       
                                         The Phenomenal Teen Ranch
         November 3rd, my dad said "Before you leave, stay safe and be independent" I knew even before I got there, it was going to be tough, but fun at the same time. It was going to be a "Life changing experience." And we reached there Teen Ranch, Orangeville Toronto, November 4th, 2013 and there were the horses and activities and there was the coach house, we were in our cabin 10:30pm, lights out said Mr. Stamcoff, we went to sleep. Next Day we woke up, BOOM! There was all the delicious food.
Another special thing about this year's Teen Ranch was the food, especially the breakfast because we got to choose any cereal we wanted such as: Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes and also oatmeal. And also after that they gave us things like Cupcakes, muffins, pancakes and also waffles. But all the lunches were great as well, but not as good as I thought it would be such as: steak, ribs and all that good stuff. But it was really good, not the vegetables part though. And on top of that dinner at 5:00pm was even better, we had burgers and fries and other junk food that we can probably eat at home. And of course "Best for last" the deserts! All of the deserts were amazing we had everything any child would ask for! Like ice crème, yogurt, brownies, and also hot chocolate! None the less all the food was amazing and would love to go back there and stay for another week at Teen Ranch.
Another good part about Teen Ranch was the cabins; our cabin consists of Chris, Adrian, Christian, and Chadd, Me. We were possibly the loudest cabin out of all the 8 of them. I could not sleep because Chadd and Christian were farting, Adrian was snoring, Chris was just talking, I don't know what I did because I was asleep. But the cabins were great either way.
The Activities were amazing, there were 3 groups divided in half and there was a red group, Yellow, Green, I was in the red group with some of my friends and the first activity we did was horseback riding and every other group had to do horseback riding twice in the week, we went Tuesday and Thursday. The first horse I picked was Rascal; I did not like him because he did not listen to me and kept on farting! And the second time I picked Daisy and I picked her because she was fast and he listened to me. But she was mean, she kept on pushing other horses. Rock climbing was not to fun because the rocks were so small and I couldn't grab on to them. On Thursday, we played a game called Predator vs Prey, It was really fun because I was a fox and the only thing I could not get was a wolf and the diseases. I was also hiding and under logs and I was sneaking up on people and getting them, I was unsuccessful against Ms. Babb because she snuck up on me and got me with a ball. We also went Skating every day of the week except for Wednesday. Other than that all the activities were really good.  
Teen Ranch was an amazing experience and I would love to go there some other time. I realized I became a lot more independent at home and at school. The event changed my whole life! I thank the whole Cardinal Leger for giving us the opportunity to only pay $75 for a week, other than last year when they paid $250. Thanks for changing my life.

4 comments:

  1. Your essay reminds me of what I felt like. The food was amazing, the horses were so beautiful and the cabins were very overwhelming.
    BY:Dakari

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really funny! I started to laugh like crazy at the middle of the third paragraph and then all the way towards the end. The funniest part was when you described your cabin and all of the members in your cabin. I liked it because you talked about how Adrian was snoring and Chris was talking a lot. I especially liked when you talked about your horses and said why you did or didn't like them. It cracked me up when you said Ms. Babb snuck up behind you and threw a ball at you in Predator VS Prey. Well done!
    -Zackery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Royston! I think your essay was very detailed in the paragraphs. Especially the paragraph about food! The food paragraph was very well done and deffinetly my favorite paragraph in the essay. -Julian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job Royston! Your essay was very detailed. Especially the paragraph about food. That paragraph was very well done and was my favorite paragraph in your essay. I can totally relate to it too. -Julian.

    ReplyDelete