I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me !... Phil 4:13

Friday 22 November 2013

Teen Ranch Essay

Name: Emmanuel


Teacher: Ms.Babb


Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2013


Teen Ranch (I wish I could live there)

Have you ever been gourmet camping? Well if you have then Teen Ranch is like that but better! Teen Ranch has the beat food, cabins, trampolines, horses, utilities, tire swing, steel barrel, tennis court, basketball court, skating rink, and most importantly friendly supervisors. What I'm trying to say is go to Teen Ranch at least once!

The things at Teen Ranch to do during free time were amazing!
          At Teen Ranch there where many, many things to do during free time, but I'm only going to tell you about my top four. First up are the trampolines. Man were they the greatest! You'd see back flips, front flips, swirly things, and patterns. Second is the tire swing. It was so, so, so great because it was my first time going on one and it was awesome! Third I think would be tennis. I had Adam on my team, so basically we ruled the court. It went like this: they serve, we score, and it went like that over and over again. Until they gave up that is. Last but not least the steel barrel. I've never sat or ridden on a steel barrel before, so it was an interesting experience. But it was sure fun! Four people would grab ropes attached to the barrel, and shake them. Doesn't that sound fun!




Being with your friends with nobody to tell you what to do is the best.
          Also at Teen Ranch they had cabins. Our cabin name was Henderson (best cabin I think). So you would figure out your group that you would share a room with, and then you get assigned your room and you're done. So when the day was done you would go back to your cabin for bed. When we were in our beds we would usually talk about stuff. Now before we got in our beds (occasionally) we would have pillow fights or just knock each other around. If we had time and we were all prepared for bed we would play hangman (Kyle's game). We would play until the teachers came and told us it was time for bed. In the morning now I'd usually wake up first and then wake everybody else up as well. If they didn't wake up I'd tell Julian and he'd put Vaseline on them as punishment. So it was pretty fun.



Horseback riding was so good, but I did get a bit scared.
My horse was good most of the time. And it barley ate (because I didn't let it). My horses name was Java, and every time you said flick it would flick its tail up and hit the horse behind him. On the second day of horseback riding I scared because on the first day there was this horse which looked like it had rabies and didn't like me. Another thing I didn't like about horseback riding was the poop and smell. I mean come on! Every ten steps another pile of poop, and the smell oh my gosh! Off of the poop, and on to the best part of horseback riding. Trotting was an awesome part of horseback riding. It was like a very bumpy rollercoaster that went faster and faster every time!

See why you should go to Teen Ranch at least once in your life. Also I only talked about my top three things I liked about Teen Ranch. So if that was good enough for you, I think you should definitely go! 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Great essay! What enjoyed most about your essay was the part about the trampolines. How everyone was doing backflips, front flips, swirly things, and patterns. I also liked how you desrcibed exactly what you did in the cabin and when you did it. I feel like I was there right next to you (well I was, kind of.) Overall great story and it really seems like you had a lot of fun!
    -Zackery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manny,
    I like your essay because its very detailed, and because of the way you explained being on the trampoline that you did swrily things! When you said you played Tennis with Adam I thought it was funny because you said you ruled the court :)
    Jordan beeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was really good! I love how you added a lot of humor in your writing. I loved the paragraph about the cabins. If I didnt know about teen ranch, that essay would REALLY make me want to go. - Julian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked reading your essay. Probably one of my favourite parts was reading about horse back riding. - Prestine Recla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how to organized all of your paragraphs whice gives a ideas for the next essay, it was really fun to read! -Royston :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. manny...
    nice essay! According to 1 of your paragraphs, Julian is a dude with no heart. He has a heart, but its not kind to wipe vaseline in sleeping children.you described everything well, though there are a few typos. keep writing great essays!!!!
    with awesomeness,
    Adam the essay critic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good essay! Sounded like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete