I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me !... Phil 4:13

Tuesday 26 November 2013

                               
 A lot of kids didn't enjoy Teen Ranch I personally loved the experience.  The chance to be with your friends, pulling all nighters and be a little more independent from your parents the whole experience was amazing for me.  The chance to see your teachers outside the classroom, to see them let lose and have fun was great.

When we first arrived at Teen ranch we were allowed to go to our cabins and put our stuff away.  My friends and I choose the bed we wanted then we proceeded to goof around.  We jumped on the beds a little, we  hit each other with the pillow  it was great fun.  I must say one thing about sharing a cabin with other kids is the bathroom experience, it seemed that every time I needed the bathroom someone was always in there but you get used to it quickly.  The other thing that threw me off was that it sounded like their were rockets about to take off at night, but it was only Adrian snoring.

I think my favourite part of the whole four days was the horse back hiding.  I haven't ever been on a horse before and I really loved it.  My horses name was Clide and he was the best, at first he looked very scary but I quickly got used to him.  It was precious to see the look of intimidation on my friends faces as we rode the horses, everyone looked so scared it was funny.  On my was back from a ride one time I almost stepped in horse dodo, the instructors had a really good laugh, I guess it was pretty funny.

Skating was fun and embarrassing all at the same time, I can't believe what a bad skater I am.  The only thing that made it better was that my friends were not that great either.  We had a lot of fun trying to make Mr.  Stamcoff fall, but he's a great skater so that didn't happen.  When we came off the ice, Mr.  Stamcoff  made me help everyone with their laces on their skates that was quite the experience, I think It would have take 4 body builders to get Jared's skates off.  

So this was my Teen Ranch experience.   Three things to remember always pick the tall horses just because the horse is tall doesn't make it any scarier trust me, the short ones aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.  Always bring your own skates, skating on Teen Ranches skates is like standing barefoot on planks of wood for days.  The last and most important thing is to know who you are rooming with, you don't want to be the kid who's best friend ends up snoring all night, trust me I made that mistake. If you follow these steps I'm sure you'll have the best time at teen ranch

No comments:

Post a Comment