I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me !... Phil 4:13

Friday 22 November 2013

Teen Ranch Essay

Name: Praveena                 
Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Teacher: Ms.Babb
                
                                 5 Days Away From Home
"Home.  Our feet may leave but not our hearts." ~ Oliver Wendell Homes. This quote is one of the most accurate quotes I have seen. When I thought of Teen Ranch, I thought I was going to really miss home. Although I did miss home, this trip made me forget about it because it was so awesome! The horseback riding, cabins, and outdoor activities all made up for leaving home. I can say this without hesitation: Teen Ranch was the best trip I've ever had!
During our stay at Teen Ranch, we all had to stay in the Coach House. The Coach House was a beautiful place to stay in! The cabin my friends and I stayed in was called the Dunn Cabin. It was such an amazing cabin! It had eight beds (4 bunks) and a bathroom with two showers and two stalls. When my brother came to Teen Ranch, the cabin he stayed in wasn't too great. I wasn't expecting a nice cabin, but I was surprised when I saw the Dunn cabin! The girls in my cabin were Jhazel, Dianne, Dakari, Makayla, Azia, and Asia Marie. At 10:30, we had to be fast asleep. In the middle of the night, Asia Marie would breathe very heavily and we would all wake up! Jhazel would also be laughing, and I would be mumbling. I really enjoyed that everyone in our cabin got along very well. The only part I didn't like was that we had to make our bed in the morning, but I guess it helped us be more responsible. Overall, our cabin was amazing and I wish we could've stayed in it longer.
One of my absolute favourite things about Teen Ranch was horseback riding. We each got to pick a horse to ride. I picked a beautiful horse named Charlie. He had reddish-brown hair and a thick white line on his face. Charlie was probably one of the best horses because he stopped and started walking whenever he needed to and stayed on the path. Agatha, who was our camp counselor, told us exactly how to make our horse go, stop, and how to take care of it. I was listening to the directions Agatha gave us, but luckily my horse followed directions by himself. I have ridden many horses before, so I wasn't afraid. The reason I picked Charlie was because my friend Sabrina had him, and she said that he was a very good horse and that I should get him. After we got our horses, we started to walk on the path. The second time we went riding, we went trotting, which is a type of gallop the horses do. Charlie was trotting pretty fast! After we finished riding, I was really sad! Every day after that I went to the barn during free time and visited Charlie. Horseback riding was my favorite thing we did at Teen Ranch!
One of the most adventurous activities we did was Predator and Prey. The object of the game was that we were all different animals, and we had to get food and water by catching other animals and finding water stations. Agatha explained all the rules and we got sent into the forest. I was a fox, so that meant I could catch anyone who wasn't wearing a penny. Kalista and I teamed up together because we were the same animal. We both sprinted into the forest and found a hiding spot. After a while, we started getting food and water. During the game, I got a few injuries. I fell down a steep hill and scraped my knee, and also got scratched by branches all over my legs, but it was still an amazing game! In the end, I got fourteen out of twenty points, which I thought was pretty good! Playing Predator and Prey was my favorite activity we did!
Teen Ranch was overall an amazing, educational, and fun filling trip! We had such a great time during our trip. Personally, my favorite parts of Teen Ranch was the cabins, outdoor activities, and the horseback riding. Someone once said "A child enters your life and for the next twenty years makes so much noise! Then when they leave, the house is so silent you feel like you're going mad."

5 comments:

  1. Nice job Praveena. That piece of writing was exiting! It pulled in my attention in on the first paragraph! I really liked the first quote you put in your essay. It was descriptive too.~Julian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so i liked your essay it was fun to read and to examine the topics of each paragraph! Very good essay. -Royston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praveena,
    I couldn't have read a more beautiful essay ever! Can I just say that your words you used to describe everything we did at Teen Ranch was just amazing. M y favorite part is when you said what you didn't like, making your bed in the morning. My second favorite is when you said that Jhazel was laughing so much, which is true. Oh and I loved hoe you described how you should ride horses. Your essay was my favorite!

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praveena,
    Or should I say 'Vivian'? Just kidding. I actually like love your essay especially the quotes you put and obviously the part about me laughing at night. My favourite part of your essay was probably the cabin life part because of how you explained almost everything we did. I like your essay because you explained everything well and you didn't make any errors.
    Jhazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praveena,

    Your essay had lots of different ideas, which was great. It had funny moments and serious moments, which was also great. My favorite part was the quotes at the beginning and end

    ReplyDelete