I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me !... Phil 4:13

Friday 22 November 2013

teen ranch essay

NAME: DIANNE
TEACHER: MS.BABB
DATE: THURSDAY,NOVEMBER 14,2013

THE AMAZING WEEK AT TEEN RANCH


        Can you believe it, all my life I waited for the day I got to go to Teen Ranch, then Poof the week is over! That's what happened to me. But you know what they say, "Time goes by fast when you're having fun." The time I was there I've did so many amazing activities. The dance was so emotional; horseback riding was terrifying because I thought I was going to die.  But my favourite part was when we got to hangout in our cabins and just talk. Long story short, Teen Ranch was the highlight of grade 7 so far.    


        I loved Teen Ranch but what I loved was when we started horse back riding. I loved it or in other words it was extravagant is because I had a marvellous horse named Tavi. She was one of the bigger horses at the barn. She was light brown with a white streak down her nose with a head that weighs a ton. Usually when you are bigger you tend to have bad behaviour but she has excellent behaviour. She went when she had to, I didn't have to kick the sides of her, and when she had to stop, and I didn't have to say "whoa". So the hour that Agatha spent on how to ride and treat the horses was all for nothing cause Tavi was an extravagant horse. The first route we did was to get use to the horse, then the second route we went trotting for like 2 seconds. After all trotting is so much fun I wouldn't mind going again. When I got to Teen Ranch I was excited to go horse back riding.


        When you go to Teen Ranch you expect to make new friends. But did you know you can get closer to your friends you already had. Well you can. Take me for example; in my cabin I had my good friends, Jhazel, Prestine, Azia, Asia-Marie, Makayla, Praveena, Dakari. We all thought we knew each other very well, but it turns out we didn't. The first few nights we talked about everything so we knew each other inside out. So by the time the end of the week came we were able to finish each others sentences. But you know how I said we talk in the night well, when we fell asleep that's when things started to get weird. Asia-Marie would start huffing and puffing because "she was running from the cops cause they thought she was mental" as she would put it. If it wasn't Asia-Marie running, then it was Praveena talking in her sleep. She would say like "stop pocking me" or "give it back". Asia-Marie and Praveena wouldn't do that all the nights. So the nights that were peaceful I slept really well cause the beds were super soft. Every morning we would all get up and take turns taking each a 7 minute shower. Now you must be saying "7 minutes? Why so long?" The reason why we gave 7 minutes is because not a lot of water comes out from the shower, so we gave each other a longer shower time. But when you look back at all the weird and funny stuff that happened in the Dunn Room, I would say that we had a fantastic cabin. When you go to Teen Ranch you expect to make new friends.


        I would say the dance was the dance was the most emotional nights of Teen Ranch. I'm saying this because people kept crying, you want to know why, it's because people wanted to dance with other people. So everyone started crying and the people who weren't crying felt bad for the people. But they weren't going to let them cry, you know what they made them do. They made them get up and start dancing. Speaking of dancing, Ms. Babb played such fantastic music. She played One Direction, Rihanna, slow songs, and all the new music. But before I tell you who dances with whom, did you know that every year Leger has a cabin dance off. And can I say I think we were the best. Anyway back on topic, so everyone wanted to dance with someone but we weren't aloud to. When it came to the end of the dance I started crying because I knew that when we got back to school no one would be close anymore. I would say the dance was the most emotional nights at Teen Ranch.

       

       After reading my essay about Teen Ranch, I hope you enjoyed it. But just imagine if you were there you would have had a blast. And if I got another chance to go I would grab it because honestly it was the best experience of my life. The food was fantastic, and the staff was amazing. Teen Ranch was so fantastic I don't know why we only go once in a year. And when the grade 6's ask about Teen Ranch I will say "Just savour you time there."


      

6 comments:

  1. Great essay Dianne! I love the parts about me. The essay for me there was never a boring moment. Your grammar was good and I always got your jokes I love your every thing good job. I love what you said about your horse and your cabin life excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did sound amazing! Even though I was there I experienced even more just reading your essay. I enjoyed the part about your cabin-mates. I never knew they were such weird sleepers. I also enjoyed the descriptive words you used like extravagant and marvellous. I t helped me better understand why you loved your horses so much. Great essay!
    -Zackery

    ReplyDelete
  3. You chose great topics for your paragraphs and you were really descriptive about your house Tavi which I liked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your essay was really awesome! It was really funny (especially when you talked about what we were doing in our sleep)! I really enjoyed how you explained and described every single sentence in your essay! For example, you talked about how amazing Tavi was, and then you explained how you didn't need to do anything because Tavi did it herself! Overall, I think your essay summarized cabin life, horseback riding, and the dance at Teen Ranch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dianne,
    I really liked your essay probably the most. My favourite part of it was when you talked about how Asia-Marie and Praveena talked in their sleep in the middle of the night. You should've talked about me because I did some weird things haha. You explained everything nicely and I really like your beginning sentence and conclusion.
    Jhazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dianne,

    Your essay was good for different reasons. almost every paragraph was funny, especially the one about cabin life. There was never really a dull moment because when it wasn't funny, it was just interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete